Malcolm Campbell Shaw was born on 5 December 1946, and joined IPC as a sub-editor. He was involved in the launch of Jinty with Pat Mills in 1974. He wrote a lot of stories for girls' comics, including "The Robot Who Cried" for Jinty and "The Sentinels" for Misty, and also wrote a handful of early "Judge Dredd" stories for 2000 AD in 1977. He became editor of Misty in 1980, and wrote the serial "Return to Armageddon" for 2000 AD in 1981. He was the originating editor of Beeb, but died of cancer before it launched, in December 1984.
- Colin M. Jarman and Peter Acton, Judge Dredd: The Mega History, Lennard Publishing, 1995, p. 34
- Article about Beeb from City Limits magazine, 18-24 January 1985
- John Freeman, Let's Here (sic) it for the Girls, Mistycomic.co.uk
- The Sentinels - Misty - Part 1, The Yellowed Pages, 9 April 2010
- Pat Mills Unwrapped part 1 – the godfather of Brit comics talks with Matt Badham, Forbidden Planet INternational, 3 March 2011
- Jenni Scott, Pat Mills (interview), FA, 26 September 2011